01 April 2008

It's Official!

We got our tickets. No turning back now. Hyland leaves on the 14th and Addison and I leave on the 24th.

Last week we moved into our friend's vacant, recently Ikea-ed-out apartment for our last three weeks in Colorado. We are ever-thinning our belongings and are now down to what we can fit in two pieces of luggage each. This whole excercise has made me realize that we don't need so many "things". It has made me love my boys even more than before, and I thought I had already topped out the love scale on these guys!

It has also brought up memories of growing up an army brat, moving every few years. Funny how I don't remember being upset about it at all. I remember feeling excited about meeting new friends, having a new school, and reinventing myself. That's how I feel now.

Peace and Love,
Malia

2 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for sending me the link to your blog... I look forward to reading about your adventures! Much love and good tidings, xoxoPam

Gayle Grace, Professional Organizer said...

Malia, Love the blog, I will check it eveyday!